Search squid archive

Re: Way to hide Caching Server IP

Ja-Ryeong Koo wrote:
Dear Adrian and Amos,
Thanks for your kind advises.
Adrian,
I have checked tproxy matters briefly.
But, I am not sure how to configure accelerator and tproxy functionality together on the one caching server. "http_port 80 vhost accel tproxy" does not work. :-( Actually, I have one L4 switch load-balancing two apache servers.
Load-balancing way is sourcehash.
So, L4 switch would load-balance through client IP addresses.
Could you let me direct how L4 load-balancing can be performed correctly through client IP addresses instead Squid IP?

Let me understand this you have:

 Client -> Squid -> Load balancer switch -> 2x Apaches ??

I think you really want to be looking at the Squid built-in load balancing instead of the hardware balancing:

cache_peer ip.of.apache.1 parent 80 0 sourcehash originserver no-query no-netdb-exchange

cache_peer ip.of.apache.2 parent 80 0 sourcehash originserver no-query no-netdb-exchange

Squid has all information available already and can make the routing decisions without requiring many features.

I have thought the answer would be to hide Caching Server's IP address to L4 switch.

tproxy would be enough to fool a simple ip-based balancer if you really must go this way. However its far from the simplest or easiest way to load balance sources behind Squid.

In advance, thank you for your kind comments and consideration. Best Regards,
Ja-Ryeong Koo

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:57:56 +0900, Ja-Ryeong Koo <wjbkoo@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:wjbkoo@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
     > Hello,
     >
     > I am writing this email to ask something regarding ways to hide
    Caching
     > Server IP address.
     >
     > I have one apache server, one caching server (squid2.6.stable22).
     > (Client ------ Caching Server (Reverse Proxy) -------- Apache Server)
     >
     > Now, whenever I try to connect apache server, both the Caching
    server IP
     > and
     > Client IP (my PC ip address) are seen on the Apache server.
     >
     > I hope that the apache server only can see client IP address.
     >
     > Please let me know if you have any kinds of ways to do this.
     >
     > In advance, thank you for your kind consideration.
     >
     > Best Regards,
     > Ja-Ryeong Koo

    For reverse-proxy I would advise ignoring the requests logged by Apache,
    and basing analysis and graphs on the Squid logs. There are a LOT of
    details and requests which may never reach the back end Apache.

    Amos

Amos
--
Please be using