Search squid archive

Re: What Headers to allow?

Henrik Nordstrom>Generally blocking headers is a bad idea, and will
make both sites and various HTTP extensions break.

I have noticed that.  Adding "header_access User-Agent allow all"
fixed most of my problems with different media types and such.  For
example now Google Docs works fine.  I think it could not detect the
browser type so was not allowing it to work.  Also flash and other
media seems to be working

Henrik Nordstrom>And since you already allow Cookie there is very
little privacy to be gained from trying to limit headers at all..

When I originally setup Squid I was using "whatsmyip.org" to make sure
things were working correctly.  I noticed it was displaying my
internal IP address, and proxy server name.  I didnt like that so I
found by restricting header access I was able to limit what internal
info was given, and only allowed the public IP address to be
collected.