Search squid archive

Re: Transparent proxy to upstream authenticating proxy

Vosloo, Jaco wrote:
From Henrik Nordstrom
Form: Vosloo, Jaco:
The browser is configured to use the upstream proxy.  I want the
transparent proxy to be a MITM between the browser and the upstream
proxy and cache whatever can be cached.  This is why I am wondering
if a
reverse proxy in front of the upstream proxy might provide the
solution?
You need to use the "login=PASS" argument in cache_peer when forwarding
the traffic, and configure your Squid as a non-transparent proxy even
if
it has traffic redirected to it via NAT. The "transparent" option
applies only when the browsers is not configured to use a proxy, not
when the browser is configured to use a proxy but is being sent via NAT
to another proxy than configured.

Thank you Hendrik and Amos for your help, I will try your advice right
away.

Blue Coat is making my life very difficult, according to my support
contact they do not support having a squid proxy in peer configuration.

Haha, yeah right. Good thign Squid supports BC then ;)

Have anyone on the list configured a Squid peer to a Blue coat proxy
with authentication?

I haven't tried it but this should work:
cache_peer with 0 as ICP port and no-query no-netdb-exchange no-digest options. For the auth it should work with login=PROXYPASS option (NP: thats the _exact_ string "login=PROXYPASS").

Using "login=PASS" tries to add basic auth if any is missing from the client but supplied to external helpers. maybe breaking things. 'login=PROXYPASS' just passes whatever the client gave on.)

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.10 or 3.1.0.11