Search squid archive

Re: RE: Squid on Windows, slow file transfers

Hi,

At 17.58 21/07/2009, Joseph Jamieson wrote:

I installed Squid 2.7.STABLE6 on a Linux virtual machine, which is running on the same physical machine that Squid on Windows is running. I copied the configuration file in, changed a couple paths to the Linux paths, and started up Squid.

I then changed the NAT to the Virtual Machine, and now file transfers are as fast as they should be. While this solution works, I'd rather not have to run another virtual machine just for Squid when it works fine under Windows except for the slow transfers..

It sounds like there's a bug in Squid windows, or some hidden setting or something? I can't imagine I'm the first person to encounter this problem.

The problem could be Windows itself: the network I/O capability of Squid when running on Windows is limited "by design" because select() is the only multiplatform compatible comm loop available, but it's the worse ....

On same HW, a Linux build will be always a better performer.

Regards

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/