Search squid archive

Re: Squid Proxy Server Problems

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Im using debian etch 4.0. I runing Squid Proxy Server on my dedicated
server. Because of first time i installing it. Im confiusing why when im
try it on browser it re-direct back to my website.

IP: 77.92.87.175 Port: 3128

Thanks and appreciate!

What exactly are you trying to do here? the config is a mix of purposes
/ proxy modes and none of them completely configured.

Some notes on the config below after particular items...

[root@unixguru] null $ cat /etc/squid/squid.conf | sed '/ *#/d; /^ *$/d'
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl all src all

acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl localhost 127.0.0.1/32

acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl purge method PURGE
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access allow purge localhost
http_access deny purge
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all
http_reply_access allow all
icp_access allow all
coredump_dir /var/cache/squid
never_direct allow Safe_ports
.. means only the known _dangerous_ ports are allowed to be connected
directly to the Internet by Squid. !!!

  .. Safe ports are forced to go through a cache_peer...

Thankfully http_access still prevents those ports being acceptable.
Remove this never_direct line from your config as the first thing you do.

http_port 3128
cache_peer 192.168.0.1 parent 3128 3130
... the only cache_peer is 192.168.0.1 . From your problem description I
guess this is your web server.

header_access via allow all
header_access from allow all
Default actions you can remove these lines.

forwarded_for off
access_log /var/log/squid/access_log_v3
cache_access_log /var/log/squid/cache_acces_log_v3
cache_mem 64 MB
[root@unixguru] null $

Amos
--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.9

 Amos thanks for replied.

I did change what you told there..it still forwarded to mywebsite.

[root@unixguru] null $ cat /etc/squid/squid.conf | sed '/ *#/d; /^ *$/d'
acl all src all
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl purge method PURGE
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access allow purge localhost
http_access deny purge
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all
http_reply_access allow all
icp_access allow all
coredump_dir /var/cache/squid
http_port 3128
cache_peer 77.92.87.41 parent 3128 3130

All requests will still be attempted through this upstream proxy before going to the Internet, even though they are now allowed to The Net.

forwarded_for on
access_log /var/log/squid/access_log_v3
cache_access_log /var/log/squid/cache_acces_log_v3
cache_mem 64 MB
[root@unixguru] null $

You sill haven;t answered my first Question though...
>> What exactly are you trying to do here? the config is a mix of purposes
>> / proxy modes and none of them completely configured.

I think you need to read through these:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/BasicAccelerator

Amos
--