Search squid archive

Re: Configuring Squid for use on a web browser - beginner question

Amos Jeffries wrote:
John Martin wrote:
After editing squid.conf I restarted squid, not sure if that's
necessary. "squid -k parse" returns no errors, and "squidclient
http://www.google.com"; works properly. When I setup my browser though,
it doesn't work. In IE I enter my server's IP as the proxy address,
and 3128 as the port. I also tried "http_access allow all".

What am I doing incorrectly, or what step am I missing?

Browser config sounds right. The only questionable things are the Squid release and the ACL I pointed to.

And, does the server have a firewall running...

Amos

Chris