Search squid archive

Re: Getting to SQUID Content

ADEBAYO, FOLUSO, ATTSI wrote:
Hi all,
   I am trying to find where SQUID is storing the actual content of the
message that is been sent back to the client in SQUID 2.6.  I have been
looking at the code and all I can see is the headers.
Any help in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks

Squid-2.6 uses a large array of 4KB memory segments allocated individually on demand. There is no single buffer with the whole thing.

For body content manipulation/filtering you _need_ Squid-3.x methods of ICAP/eCAP content handling.

What exactly are you trying to do with squid?
I ask because many of the limits in 2.6 have been resolved in later releases.

If you are hacking up code for something useful please use a current release so there is at least a moderate chance of your improvement being accepted for permanent addition.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8