Search squid archive

Re: Banning MAC addresses in squid3

I installed squid3 on ubuntu with apt. How would I go about enabling arp ACL with this?

Jeff Pang wrote:
2009/6/24 Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

I'm trying to block MAC address with this ACL:

Is there something else that needs to be included for 'arp' to become a
valid ACL type?

Have you enabled arp ACL when configure Squid?
from squid.conf:

#         # The arp ACL requires the special configure option --enable-arp-acl.
#         # Furthermore, the ARP ACL code is not portable to all
operating systems.
#         # It works on Linux, Solaris, Windows, FreeBSD, and some
other *BSD variants.