Search squid archive

Re: Architecture

Last time I looked at lighty, it buffered the entire message when used in proxy mode; this isn't really workable.

I'd use Squid on the FE in CARP mode; CARP is a way of using consistent hashing to spread the load out to multiple servers in a predictable way (like a DHT).

If you need even more capacity, you could run multiple instances of squid on the FE listening to the same socket; see
  http://www1.id.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200810/0136.html

Cheers,