Search squid archive

Re: organization squid.conf

Riccardo Castellani wrote:
Neither. Look at what the requirements are for each and create logical groupigs that do not interfere with each other and in order configured do what your policy requires.

Also, be extremely careful about http_reply_access.
It's often over-blocked by using rules that duplicate http_access. This can either prevent access denied pages getting out to bad viewers, or cause extra useless load. Only use it to filter requests that cannot be checked earlier in http_access.

Amos

Ok I can looking for requirements for all my acl, but what means creating
logical groups ?
It means that group can contain both acl and directives ?

I thought acl should be next to directive where it's used so there is more
cleaning. What do you think ?

I think I mean roughly the same thing with grouping the directives used for a particular purpose together. But going a little further than just acl.

What I mean is more like the way I've written the wiki ConfigExamples/* pages.

So that in later Squid people can place the whole directive group into a file and use "include" directive on the file at the right place of squid.conf.

for example...

/etc/squid/squid.conf.d/00-accel-website-X:
#
http_port 80 accel vhost
cache_peer X ...
#