Search squid archive

Re: Re: RPC over HTTP & NTLM

Devon Harding wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Amos Jeffries<squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:18:49 -0400, Devon Harding <devonharding@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Is it possible to have squid run as an accel for Exchange 2007
rpc/http with ntlm authentication?  I've disabled SSL and it seems
that login=PASS only supports Basic Authentication.

 Thanks,

 -Devon
Yes.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/ExchangeRpc
or
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/OutlookWebAccess

Amos

That's exactly how I have it configured, the issue is with NTLM
authentication with no SSL.  I get repeated logon prompts.  If I
bypass squid and go directly to the exchange server, it works fine.
How do I get squid to pass NTLM authentication?

Perhaps it's related to Squid 3.0 not supporting the connection pinning needed for NTLM pass-through... 2.6, 2.7 and (the still-in-beta) 3.1 support this.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200706/0796.html

-Devon

Chris