Search squid archive

Re: squid date based acls

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
Hi,

I was just looking to set up ACLs based on dates, eg something like:

acl termtime   date 01/06-31/08
acl summertime date 01/09-31/05

but I can't seem to find that feature in the manual.  Is this not possible
or have I missed something?

There is no predefined ACL to perform this task, but you can create an external_acl_type that would work. Otherwise, just swap out the config file twice a year.

If it's not currently in squid, would it be a
useful feature for people other than me?

Gavin

Chris