Search squid archive

Re: Https redirect?

Chris Williams wrote:
Hi,
I'm running Squid Beta 3.1 in forward proxy mode. I'd like to redirect certain domains to my own hosted page using an external redirector script.

This work fine for http traffic, but with https my browser tells me that the proxy server has refused my connection.

Is there any way for me to get my own page displayed here?

Depends on what error page you are seeing. If it is actually a browser generated one, then its a browser setting to change (if even possible).

If it's a Squid one then find the ACL doing denial and alter the appropriate response with deny_info.

With HTTPS its tricky because Squid does not naturally see the URL. What it gets is a hostname and port to create a tunnel for client to shove encrypted data down. The request header URL etc are inside that encrypted portion.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1