Search squid archive

Re: Follow up question from Wiki... "how do I configure Squid not to cache a specific server?"

Andy McCall:
Hi Folks,

I need a specific site to completely bypass my squid cache due to a broken external webapp.

I have read the section "how do I configure Squid not to cache a specific server?" from the wiki, which I can implement with no issues, but what I am not sure is what this will actually do :)

Will this allow traffic to pass through squid without caching it, or will this block the site for users?

Do you mean this?

acl someserver dstdomain .someserver.com
cache deny someserver

They make squid not to cache a site, thus squid acts as a pure proxy (like apache's mod_proxy). They won't block a site.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology