Search squid archive

Re: Troubleshooting squid: modified content

Sig Pam:
Hi Folks!

I have the problem that squid obviously modifies web site contents during
transit. For example, using the web site http://kb.4d.com through a squid
proxy does not work (will not show the knowlegebase content).

I added the config below to squid-3.0-stable14 here, it works fine.

cache_peer 64.94.92.31 parent 80 0 no-query front-end-https=auto originserver name=origin_3_1
acl service_3 dstdomain kb.4d.com
cache_peer_access origin_3_1 allow service_3

How are you using squid for the site? with a reverse proxy? what's the squid version?

The same happens if I try to send data via https to the german tax office
(ELSTER - ELektronische STeuerERklärung). Sending tax reports does'nt work
through squid, but works with polipo.

Passing https requests through Squid need additional config like the SSL certificate and private key.
You may double check squid.conf and logs for details.

Maybe somebody could point me to a good starting point to fix the squid. As
far as I know, squid should not do any content filtering ba itself - or does
it?

YES Squid won't modify HTTP response body unless you specify it to do that.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology