Search squid archive

Re: Squid on transparent proxy for 443 request

Jorge Bastos wrote:
Hi there,
What are the concerns that I need to have to make squid act as a transrent
proxy on port 443?
I need to catch the data that is being sent from a website that works under
https, is it possible? Data
Right now I only use it for standard port 80.

Not possible. HTTPS guarantees the client can see 100% of the machines for itself to the source.

One user has recently pointed out that redirecting HTTPS URL's to a local domain reverse-proxied by Squid might work though. The client believes and accepts Squid credentials as its proper destination site and Squid handles decryption->re-encryption going HTTPS to the remote site.

That is very similar to how SSLBump works with CONNECT requests in 3.1. But may get past the invalid certificate issues.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7