Search squid archive

Re: is there a squid "cache rank" value available for statistics?

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> In the case of simple LRU, if the queue must be traversed to find each
> element and requeue it (perhaps this isn't the case?),

On reflection, I presume this is not the case.  I imagine the struct in ram
for each cache object must include a pointer to prev and next.  That makes
me wonder how "heap lru" improves matters.  I guess I need to go and read the
paper referenced in the notes :-)

Gavin