Search squid archive

Can Squid do what Blue Coat BCAAA does with transparent silent NTLM auth

Hello,

For several years now I've used Squid with Winbind to silently authenticate users to Active Directory which has worked wonderfully. The one thing I've always had to do though is configure the user proxy settings to manually point to the proxy in order for it to silently authenticate. If I try a transparent proxy configuration without specifying manual proxy settings in the browser the silent authentication does not work.

According to some friends who use a product called Blue Coat SG there is an agent called BCAAA which allows you to have the proxy configured in a transparent manner, not specify manual settings in the users browsers, and still get silent NTLM authentication. Is there any way to do this in Squid that I'm just not aware of?

Kind regards,
Elvar