Search squid archive

Re: defaultsite=domainname?

louis gonzales wrote:
Amos,
on "defaultsite=X tells Squid to assume the domain X was wanted when
broken clients fail to send a Host: header properly."

is "domain=FQDN" or just the domain name(viz. not host.domain.com, nor
cname.domain.com) - e.g. FQDN=www.domain.com, where as
domainname=domain.com without the host/cname prefix.

"words" themselves are ambiguous.... I appreciate your insight.

The situation is slightly ambiguous also. It depends on what your DNS requirements are.

From the official docs:

"
defaultsite=domainname

	What to use for the Host: header if it is not present
	in a request. Determines what site (not origin server)
	accelerators should consider the default.
	Implies accel.
"

What the Host: header should contain depends entirely on whether you are virtual hosting or not.

All we can say is its a domain. _should_ be a FQDN, but _may_ be anything the squid box can resolve.

Amos