Search squid archive

Re: Frustrated/Centos 5.2 minimal i386 box giving me such a password problem/WILLING TO PAY FOR HELP

Eric Valencia wrote:
I need someone's help with squid- even to the point im willing to pay.
 Hit me up on gmail at ericlvalencia@xxxxxxxxx to gmail chat.

The problem is this, i am using this
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/squid-3.0.STABLE13-1.fc11.src.rpm.
 mmmkay?

I completely install it into a Centos 5.2 minimal i386 vps.  It's got
unmetered bandwith and 1gb ram with 10 gb disc space.  Totally enough.

So, when I restart squid after installing, it will only accept the
FIRST ip i entered.  The rest?  Will NOT accept the login.

So I contact my linux expert buddy who tests on his end and he is able
to login totally fine.  OMG.

Then I login and it works.  I look dumb.  He thinks im crazy.

1 hour later?  Same problem, every ip will not login except the 1st
one I entered.  And yes I -c to create the squid password file.

I mean, the password prompt comes up for all the other ips, but when I
enter the password it rejects the username/password combo.  WHY??

Please PLEASE somebody help me.

We can but try.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by login.
Are you:
 - logging in to the proxy, to use it from a different PC?
 - logging in to some website through the proxy?

Also, what is your squid.conf config (without the comment lines) please?

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6