Search squid archive

Re: Squid, Symantec LiveUpdate, and HTTP 1.1 versus HTTP 1.0

I found that Symantec LU has round robin DNS. And they can change DNS A
record at anytime.

Isn't it better if Squid can bypass the domain name in squid.conf?
Is it possible?

Squid does many DNS things and has many controls for changing how it does them.

Correct use of DNS in stateless HTTP should not be causing any issue at all.

Is the RR-DNS causing you problems? if so what?

All,

Refering to old topic "dstdomain acl and fqdn". Seems Squid also unable exclude DST FQDN.

===snip==

Say, I have a domain example.com and users access intranet web server in this domain as: http://www/index.html. www's fqdn is www.example.com and squid is able to resolve 'www' based on search path specified in /etc/resolv.conf.

Is there anyway to make squid use FQDNs in dstdomain acls? or, any other way to resolve this problem?

Unfortunately not when using dns_defnames, only when using
append_domain.

Regards
Henrik
===snip===