Search squid archive

Re: R: Re: [squid-users] Squid + Antivirus

projproxy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for your hint....
Than, do you mean that just with a url-rewrite-program in squid.conf with path to clamav I can let the antivirus check through each request on squid?
Or I need a redirection configuration?
I wonder if it would be really necessary a redirector program?

No, the redirector method was a hack.
The 'redirector' receives the URL from Squid and does a download of its own through a back channel. Which after receiving any AV can scan as a local disk file. It then either redirects squid to a local URI for the saved object, redirects to an error page about the bad object, or permits squid to D/L the object a seconds time and send it to the client.

ICAP is *much* easier, less resource hungry, and less breakable.

The problem is that i´m implementing on both system Suse and windows.
I should simply tell squid to let the antivirus control what is passing through...

If you have other advices, I´ll be thankful.