Search squid archive

Re: Custom Error Message for reply_body_max_size

> Dear Squid Techies,
>
> I have declared 5 reply_body_max_size for different groups, restricting
> them on different limit, say 100MB, 75MB, 2MB, 2MB, 1MB accordingly.
>
> I would like to give all these groups different error messages based on
> which group of users is trying to download more. Right now, for all these
> groups, system is delivering ERR_TOO_BIG located in
> /usr/share/squid/errors/English directory.
>
> when i tried, deny_info need an acl to mention along with it. But here the
> case is different.. the following is an example of reply_body_max_size in
> my system...
>
> reply_body_max_size 104857600 allow power_acl
> # deny_info MAX_POWERACL               ---> tried this
> # deny_info MAX_POWERACL power_acl     ---> tried this too
> reply_body_max_size 78643200 allow download_surfers_acl
> and so on...
>
> Thanks in Advance...

Nice idea, however there is no easy answer. It will likely take a redesign
to make this possible:

1) the ACLs are tested mid-stream when content-length is missing from the
headers. Thus no error page at all can be returned on many requests.

2) This part of squid is a black-box lookup to pull the theoretical
maximum body size. The ACL lookups and the code which compares the object
size to the expected max are not related.

Amos