Search squid archive

How to cache all traffic?

Hello.

I would like to know which is a safe mode to have a squid server cache everyhing (http, mp3s, mpegs, jpgs, gifs, and so on). Since most my users visit the same pages I would like to have a big cache and when I need to do some network maintenance I could unplug the internet cable and see if some user can still receive some web content from the squid server. I don't know if that can be done but, that's just a thought.

I would like to cache everything though to at least save bandwith.

Thanks for your help.