Search squid archive

Re: build web page within squid?

Richard Langly wrote:
I'm looking to build a web page from within the proxy server that will
be viewed at a later time, and also further pass on the request and
expect to get a page back which will also be viewed at a later time.
This all happens from the proxy server.

1) receive URL from user request and store/build a web page to be
viewed at a later time (from within this proxy).

2) pass on URL to web server and store the response html page in this
proxy to also be viewed at a later time.

Is this something I can do with squid? If so, can I get a brief
description on how to do this?

What you are describing is called a Web Server.

Proxy servers receive requests and locate a sources for said requests somewhere else on the Internet. It all happens live, so there is no concept of 'later'.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6