Search squid archive

Re: reverse proxy - accessing services on ports other than 80

On 17.03.09 23:57, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> If I understand correctly, setting up a reverse proxy requires a DNS
> entry for a webserver pointed at the Squid machine.
>
> This means, packets trying to reach other ports (i.e. 443, 110 etc.) on
> the original webserver will also hit Squid machine.
>
> How do I solve this problem, other than changing DNS entries?

You can redirect port 80 of webserver to the squid which will connect to the
apache on the webserver. But I think changing DNS is better idea. Do you use
one hostname for everything?

> I can technically use pop.example.tld:110 (with a different IP) instead
> of example.tld:110, but I would still like to access :443 port without
> having to add certificates to Squid.
> With one domain it would be easy (just redirect ports), but I would like
> to use reverse Squid proxy for multiple domains.

Or, you can run squid on port 80 connecting to port 81 and port 443 will be
accessed directly by clients.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]