Search squid archive

Disconnected system caching

Hi,

I¹m looking for a way to cache data from systems that are disconnected at
times and to serve from the cache when the systems are disconnected.  I know
that 2.7 supports the stale-if-error directive but I believe that requires
the origin to set that in the content header which is currently out of the
realm of possibilities.   Is there another way to do this?  Can I use
header_replace to force the stale-if-error directive?

Thanks