Search squid archive

Re: n00b question - show version

Sorry for such an inane post, but can someone tell me what command to run
that will show the version of Squid is installed on a red hat server?
"whereis squid" should give you the path to your squid binary if it is installed in a sensible place.
Once you found the binary you can do a

/path_to_squid/squid -v

Chances are that the path is /usr/sbin, but I am not sure as I always use self compiled squid's.

HTH,
Jakob Curdes