Search squid archive

Re: How to make Squid to cache JSP redirected pages?

fulan Peng wrote:
 Hi,
When I want to cache a Tomcat site which its index.jsp has a command
to redirect the browser to another pages, Squid is getting lost, the
browser shows the redirected page but the port number is wrong. Is
there any way to handle this situation? I am using Squid 3.0 and
setting up a reverse proxy.
Thanks!

The tomcat JSP application does not sound to be proxy-aware. It's giving out its internal ip/fqdn:port info rather than the public details it should.

Best fix is to correct the JSP app to not care about its operating port.

Hack fix #1, is to get tomcat listening on an internal IP port 80, so the port does not get sent by the app.

Hack fix #2, is to get Squid to listen on the public IP same ports as tomcat is sending out. So as to catch back into sequence the visitors who get redirected wrong.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6