Search squid archive

Squid Performance Tuning with 0 IO Wait

Hi Everyone,

I am currently doing performance testing with squid 3 and I seem to be
running into some bottlenecks.  I have done exhaustive research
through the squid mail archives, Duane Wessels O'reilly book(a great
resource) and other areas.

I have a dual hyperthreading Xeon machine with 8GB of Ram running
CentOS 5.2 with its 2.6.18 based kernel.  This machine is hooked up to
an I/O subsystem that essentially provides no device I/O waits. This
has been confirmed with 'top' showing effectively 0%wa during peak
load periods.

Apart from I/O tuning, what measures should I take to tune squid for
maximum requests per second and cache hit rates?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ben Jonston