Search squid archive

Using override-expire and max age

I am caching some dynamic data.  The data squid receives from the
server has an Expires: header.  The data is 1 week from the initial
download.

I don't want to cache the data this long, so I created a rule that
looks like this:

refresh_pattern <URL> 1440 80% 2880 override-expire

I want the data to expire after 2 days.  That doesn't seem to be
happening.  The data is still fresh until I roll the date past the
date in the Expire header.

The documentation in squid.conf seems to imply that override-expire
allows you cache past the Expire date, not cut it short.  Is squid
using the max age, or is it ignoring it.

Thanks,
Chris DiLorenzo