Search squid archive

Re: External ACL lookups always cause ACL no-match?

Quoting Chris Robertson <crobertson@xxxxxxx>:

Chris Dillon wrote:
I'm trying to implement an external ACL helper than does an ip address to username lookup, but I'm having trouble with squid using an external ACL helper in general. I'm running Squid 2.7.5 on FreeBSD 7.1. To rule out my custom written helper program as the culprit, I created a basic external helper in perl that just looks like this:

You are not flushing STDOUT.

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Flush STDOUT
$|=1;

I've written squid helpers in the past, figured I didn't need to read the docs or look at examples, but it's been a few years and I forgot that important little detail! :-) Thank you very much, it works now!

--

Chris Dillon - NetEng/SysAdm
Reeds Spring R-IV School District