Search squid archive

Re: Caching file using squid

snayit wrote:
Hi,

I'm running squid as proxy server for mozilla on the same computer in order
to save some youtube files - my goal is to save all files that their GET
contains a certain pattern, if possible. I'm using windows so i'm using squid2.7 because 3.0 seems to be un-finished (i saw the warnings), set the mozilla to use proxy 127.0.0.1:3128. I've encountered several problems and perhaps i do not fully understand some
things:

1. How does squid decide which files to save? Is it only after several
requests or i can get it to save ALL files (even after one request only)
with a certain pattern (which is what i'm trying to do)?

Certain information sent by the server can prevent caching. Otherwise everything is saved for re-use.

2. I've tried saving files according to some info i found in one of the
threads in the forum:
acl vids urlpath_regex videoplayback
cache allow vids
And also set the disk save directory size and the minimum size to 2M

I got only RELEASE and no SWAPOUT message but some RELEASE messages from
non-matching patterns:
1234196347.343 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF A63F4148978AEF0A343909B7D133570E 200 1234195893 1229737202 1234199493 video/x-flv 9675555/9675555 GET http://v6.cache4.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?
id=78debb9ed14a9ab0&itag=34&ip=209.88.189.17&signature=A38A29D5867BD3F8C833E
CA90109CDA91BA491B6.AB80FB6E340B359838C619BFA9938A0DBBC482DF&sver=2&expire=1
234217492&key=yt1&ipbits=0

googlevideos / youtube are designed in a way which makes it extremely hard to cache. See the wiki for the currently best known ways to catch as much of them as posible:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/YouTube

3. The file has the three needed time-stamps but still do not save the
file... How do i make it save files that does not have the 3 time-stamps
(have -1 instead)? I figured it's something to do with the refresh-pattern
but could not understand it even after reading the configuration guide index
and some samples in the forum.

The part of the URL after the '?' on youtube videos is constantly changing, which prevents squid identifying what file it is and caching.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5