Search squid archive

Re: Re: Failover to second LDAP server with squid_ldap_auth

Christoph G. wrote:
Hi there

Can anyone help me with this one?
I'm stuck and this becomes rather urgent for us.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Have you tried it with a single hostname that resolves to two IPs?

IFAIK, none of the bundled helpers are designed to do failover to secondary servers like this.

Amos

Best Regards,
Christoph G.

Christoph G. wrote:
Dear Squid-Users

I tried to figure out, how to setup up my squid auth helpers
to use a second LDAP server if the first one is unreachable.

 From several postings on this mailing list I thougth that
squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group which come with the
squid source are able to support this option:

e.g. http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200412/0290.html

And reading the man page also lets me believe that I can just pass
two IP addresses to make it work:

http://linux.die.net/man/8/squid_ldap_auth
---snip---
-h ldapserver
Specify the LDAP server to connect to. Servers (!) can also be specified last on the command line.
---snap---

So I tried this on the command line:
# squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=some,dc=com" -f "sAC=%s" -D "cn=ad,ou=Users,dc=some,dc=com" -w "***" -c 2 -t 2 -p 3268 -h "10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2"

This works fine if the first IP (10.0.0.1) is answering properly to my
LDAP requests but it doesn't if only the second host (10.0.0.2) is
reachable and answering LDAP requests.

Instead I get the following error message:
someone ***
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
ERR Success

I'm using Squid Cache: Version 2.7.STABLE4.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,
Christoph G.

--