Search squid archive

Re: check squid alive via remote http request

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
lör 2009-02-07 klockan 02:03 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
Evgeniy Zaitsev wrote:
Hello.

We are using large squid cluster (~30 dedicated machines with squid) to proxy-caching static content.

All separate squid's configured as sibling (each other, i.e. one level hierarchy).

All requests to squid-machines go through one balancer. Balancer check each squid (alive/not alive) via tcp-check (if port 3128/tcp accept connections, then squid is alive).

But we want to use http checks for squid alive checking. Is it possible?
Depends on your balancer.

Squid does it automatically when "no-query" options is missing from cache_peer lines.

I think you meant only-if-cached...

I meant no-query. It being the setting that blocks ICP-ping and HTCP-ping queries.

Querying the cache manager interface should work.
  cache_object://$SQUIDHOST/menu

So does querying of any of the squid-internal-... objects which may be
simpler, depending on the capabilities of the load balancer in question.

http://$SQUIDHOST/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-unknown.gif

or similar.

Regards
Henrik