Search squid archive

Re: Squid as HTTPS Proxy Server

Keefe John wrote:
Hello,

I currently have a standard squid proxy server setup doing forward
proxying.  I'd like to encrypt the traffic between the clients and the
squid server.

Have you found a browser that supports this? None of the big four (IE, Firefox, Safari or Chrome) do. All support proxying HTTPS traffic (CONNECT tunneling), but none encrypt all traffic between themselves and the proxy.

  Can squid act as standard proxy and accept HTTPS Proxy
requests?  I understand that this is not possible in squid 2.x but
possibly 3.x.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look into using a tool such as stunnel (http://www.stunnel.org/).

Thanks,

Keefe

Chris