Search squid archive

Re: ignore question mark in url

> been there, done that..... didn't find any relevant information there.
>

> On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 23:31 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Maoz wrote:
>> > hello,
>> > how can I ignore the question mark in url
>> > I'll explain:
>> > Treat the url until the question mark as object.
>> >
>> > www.domain.com/index.jsp?aaa=1
>> >
>> > will be the same object as:
>> >
>> > www.domain.com/index.jsp?aaa=10
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > www.domain.com/index.jsp?aaa=2&ggg=3
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >

>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent
>>
>> Amos

Ah, sorry, now that I've woken up and re-read your request I see you were
asking something different to what I though.

You want the experimental storeurl controls from Squid-2.7.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/storeurl_rewrite_program.html

Note that duplicating dynamic URLs like that is very dangerous procedure:
 - for web providers it drops them into the nasty bandwidth wasting hole
youtube is currently in.
 - for cache operators it drops you into the liability of getting it right
and forever having to check its still right. Big issues when it goes even
slightly wrong.

Amos