Search squid archive

Re: How does squid handle the case where a client closes connection before getting a response

Xiaoning Ding wrote:
Hi,

I wonder what squid will do if a client close its connections to squid before it gets any responses. Specifically, a client (A) sends a request to the squid (S), and the squid forwards the request to original server (O). Then the client closes its connection to the squid. In such case, if the squid gets some responses from the original server, how does it handle the requests? I guess squid will discard the responses, right? Can anybody point me to the squid code that handle this situation?
Thanks!

Xiaoning

Depends on your configuration.
Squid may close the connection immediately or wait for the rest of the file to download
see config details for  quick_abort_*.

Squid will ache the object received if it can. Just like any other request. Note that it cannot cache partial objects at this point.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.4