Search squid archive

Re: Noob question about file types

zlotvor wrote:
Hi,

Is possible to change the extension of the file that server sends to
browser?
Problem is that I have a web server(IIS) with svg graphics in pages, but the
server sends files with .svg.gz extension instead of .svg or .svgz. And only IE can show that file directly, everything else (firefox,
konqueror, opera, etc.) just ask to save it. I cannot change the behavior of
the server, so the solution would be putting something between the server
and browser to change the extension of served file.

Thanks in advance, Zoltan

If the browser indicates it accepts compressed versions, then fails to decompress you need something to decompress in transit. Simply changing the filename will result in error pages.

If you are keen you might want to try Squid-3.1 and the brand new compression eCAP library.
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/eCAP

Amos
--
Please be using