Search squid archive

Re: WCCP+Squid not working. Could use some of your experience.

Anthony DeMatteis wrote:
Greetings Group,

I'm new to this group...

We're an ISP trying to control some of our bandwidth issues.  I've never
set up squid before.  I have a working squid server, working very well,
including caching youtube vids.  However, this is via setting up the
proxy settings in the browser and pointing to the caching server's ip
address:3128 or using acl's on the router and redirecting traffic to the
caching server.  I would like to set it up transparently using wccp.  I
would rather go the wccp route to allow traffic to continue to flow in
the event the caching server(s) die.  I understand wccpv2 provides this
feature.

My problem is getting the gre tunnel to work. I've been googling for two
days.

Did you run across http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept in your Googling?

Chris