Search squid archive

Re: collapsed_forwarding and logging

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
Hey all -
Recently turned on collapsed_forwarding for an reverse-proxy accelerator
setup we use. Love it, especially for dealing with the Range: request
storms some media browser plugins seem to like to generate. My only
gripe right now is that all of the satisfied requests get logged as a
cache MISS. Anyone have a way to distinguish a MISS that got passed
through to the origin server from one that got collapsed? I'd like to
count them as effective-cache-hits, since they stopped additional load
on the actual content servers. Some obscure custom-log-format code,
perhaps?

Ross

Unlikely in Squid-2. Collapsed forwarding is due a re-work for Squid-3 though so if you have any additions feel free to ad them to the wiki development plan:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CollapsedForwarding

I'm thinking a TCP_SHARED status type for secondary links like this.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3