Search squid archive

Re: NTLM Authenticator with big requests number

Guido Serassio wrote:
Hi Amos,

At 16.55 12/01/2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:
Razvan Grigore wrote:
>> From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:37:06 +0200
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This behaviour is correct by Microsoft NTLM design. When negotiated,
>> NTLM authentication cannot be cached:
>> You are using "use_ntlm_negotiate on", so every Challenge/Response
>> request must be handled from Winbind.
>>
>> When using "use_ntlm_negotiate on", max_challenge_reuses and
>> max_challenge_lifetime are not (and cannot be) used.
>>
>> This is the only stable configuration using NTLM, disabling
>> use_ntlm_negotiate is a worst option.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Guido
>>

> Hello,
>
> I want to know if this is true.

Very high likelihood of being true. Guido is the author of the NTLM
negotiate code.

Not exactly, I'm the author of all the Windows NTLM and Negotiate native helpers.
The majority of the Squid NTLM code comes from Kinkie, Robert and Henrik.

Ah, thats not the impression I got after reading the FAQ entry. Apologies to all involved with that code.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3