Search squid archive

Re: dstdom_regex question

Chris Nighswonger wrote:
I'm using authentication and trying to allow unauthenticated access to
 http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/map-1.6.0.xml and all associated
urls so Java will update transparently rather than prompting the user
for credentials. I have been trying to do this using dstdom_regex and
cannot seem to get things to work the way I imagine they should. I
have tried two ways.

acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl JavaUpdate dstdom_regex -i sun.*update
http_access allow JavaUpdate
http_access allow AuthorizedUsers

and

acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl JavaUpdate1 dstdom_regex -i sun
acl JavaUpdate2 dstdom_regex -i update
http_access allow JavaUpdate1 JavaUpdate2
http_access allow AuthorizedUsers

<snip>

Am I going about this wrong or just missing something about dstdom_regex?

... by attempting to match a part of the path 'update' against a domain name...

Try this:

  acl Sun dstdomain java.sun.com
  acl SunUpdate urlpath_regex -i ^/update
  http_access deny Sun SunUpdate