Search squid archive

Re: Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Adam Squids wrote:
Hello,

I'm using a reverse squid for caching purposes. When requesting a page
in my site via HTTP/1.1 I see : Transfer-Encoding: chunked
I  understand that HTTP/1.1 has the ability to "cut up" a large server
response and send it one chunk at a time.

What would happen to my site if I remove chunked encoding?
Will it slow it down? let's say the pages are big and it would be more
efficiant to use chucks for the response, but what if I don't?
Could it be that some clients will not support that?

Some will, some won't. As long as our site is doing it properly and only sending chunks to clients who say they know HTTP/1.1 it's a good thing.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3