Search squid archive

Re: Tuning in compilation

Rafael Gomes wrote:
Amos,

Thanks for your answer, but I have some questions. Can you help me?

Let´s go

A waste of resources doing any of these in performance-critical situations.

--enable-useragent-log \
--enable-referer-log \
--enable-arp-acl \

Normally we don't need handle these headers?

Normally you don't need special LOGS for those headers.

ARP is for MAC-address lookup and ACL matching (insecure and usually not needed).

This one is seriously BAD to do when performance is even slightly important.

--disable-internal-dns \

For permomance, the internal dns is better than dnsserver?

Yes. It's massively parallel and asynchronous.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Dnsserver

Amos
--
Please be using