*From:* Philipp Rusch - New Vision IT [mailto:philipp.rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Wed 1/7/2009 1:12 PM
*To:* squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re:  SquidGuard Replacement

Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
>> I switched to ufdbguard and have been real pleased with it's performance
>> and support.
>> >
> Thomas,
> Do I understand this right, the software is free but the db is not? Can one
> use shalla lists with this software?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
>
> Joseph,
I wasn't able to access the systems with the SG-config today.
So let's solve your problem with SG tomorrow instead of hunting for
a "suboptimal" solution.
Did you try to post your prob to Shalla / Christine Kronberg ?
She is usually a great help.

CU, Philipp

Thomas,
I did not say that ufdbguard is a "suboptimal" solution.
ALL I wanted to express with my mail was, that Joseph's
search for a solution was leading to a somewhat suboptimal setup.
He already had everything in place and encountered some problems,
so I advised him to search for the reasons of that problem and solve
them instaed of replacing components on a trial and error basis.
And despite the possible second meaning of my original posting,
I really wasn't trying to offend somebody.
AND, btw, please keep in mind that english is not my mother's tongue.

Regards from Germany,
Philipp

in his setup