Search squid archive

Re: Handling websites that switch between http & https

Chuck Kollars wrote:
... This is all related to our users getting yahoo mail, the session toggles back and forth and I suspect that is what is causing them to be logged out of the mail interface when attempting to dl an attachment. I was thinking that had something to do with the proxy handling the http versus the proxy passing through http. ...

Although I don't know what the problem is (do I hear somebody saying "darn"?), I don't think it's HTTP: vs. HTTPS:. I have a DansGuardian/Squid system, and hundreds of my users download email attachments from Yahoo (and other webmail sites) all the time without any interruption. And I haven't done anything special, neither for Yahoo nor for webmail nor for https:.

thanks! -Chuck Kollars

You've just reminded me of the hotmail problems...

Joseph:
see if it disappears when you turn "balance_on_multiple_ip off". It still defaults to on in most Squid installs.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3