Search squid archive

Re: Delay pools bucket refill

Johannes Buchner wrote:
Hi!
I have a question about delay_pools: If I make a time-based acl with a
delay-pool, does it refill in the time the acl is inactive or is the
amount "stopped" and continued when the acl starts again?

Pools refill at the constant rate unless the are full or reconfigured. Client usage is not taken into consideration on the filling, only on the emptying.

Like, if I have a pool acl going from 9:00 till 20:00 with a size of 3GB
and a rate of 1200 B/s, and a client runs low on the bucket at 20:00.
What will he be able to download at 9:00 the next day?
Also, if I would define one bucket for 9:00 till 20:00 and another one
for 20:00 till 9:00 of different sizes and rates, would they share
their amount? Probably not I guess.

Correct. No. They are different pools.

Amos
--