Search squid archive

Re: Rotating squid logs

wh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello.

Logrotate.d is rotating my squid logs. I would like to know if is ok to
let it rotate but, logically I think it will not but, just want to be
sure. Will squid work if it get its log files rotated?

Thanks in advanced and sorry for asking too many questions.

Hi,

First stop I can recommend is: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs?highlight=%28logrotate%29#head-5f3d54d268734f58005e09bf16f125468ce90813

You need to set "logfile_rotate 0" ... http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/logfile_rotate.html

Hope this helps and points you in the right direction.

Regardt vd Vyver