Search squid archive

Re: Squid Logging

Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
Marcello Romani wrote:
Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
Ressa wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering can I made the squid log their activities to the database server (such as MySQL or something) and is there any tools can provide information from those database.

Thanks

't would be a rarity. Especially as Squid does not natively support database logging and the daemon is still a relatively new feature.

Amos

Hi,
    I have developed a perl script that does just that.
I have tested it against squid 2.7.head a few months ago, but I think it should work fine on any squid version with daemon: feature.

Can I send an attachment to the mailing list or is there a better/preferred method for this kind of things ?

Depends on what you want done with it.

If you just want it to be publicly known, mentioning it everywhere like here is a good start.

If you want it published somewhere like the wiki, I can do that for you. Or you can get a wiki account setup and add it to the LogDaemon page yourself.

If you want it included in the Squid sources Henrik and I have different procedures based on the stability of our branches.